Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Come on in!

I believe design rules are meant to be tweaked, challenged and broken. Who says that a French Country room has to be styled to a Charles Faudree T? I believe it’s not only perfectly fine to mix in your dear Aunt Olga’s teak Norwegian Bruksbo cabinet into a French Country room, it’s downright refreshing! That slightly-weathered, circa WWII, steel industrial shelf that’s just oozing patina and character? Yes, it can indeed mix in quite nicely with those stately Georgian antiques, simultaneously elevating and melding both styles. You are creating a style fully reflective of who you and your family are: your treasures from a long-ago vacation; the antique silver trophies you collected from the year you spent in London; the first antique you purchased together as newlyweds; the Eames lounge chair you bought on a whim in San Francisco -- no part of what makes you YOU should be put aside for a strict style interpretation. Your life is your own unique journey, and your personal style should reflect that.

Through this blog, I look forward to sharing all manners of style with you: great, hidden antique stores; incredible architecture; the latest in design trends, both in interior and in fashion; my favorite design tips and tricks; interiors that I admire; designers that I admire. And I tend to think of this blog as something of a coffee klatsch -- more of a dialogue than a monologue. So please feel free to grab your coffee, pull up a chair, and join in the conversation with your comments. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the design tips- would especially love to see something about design for small spaces (and budgets!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped in for a visit. I think a post about designing for small spaces is a fabulous idea! Keep checking back -- the ideas are already coming to me.

    ReplyDelete